Shargio

For Discussion of the Various Crank Injectors

Shargio

Postby rwagner66 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:47 pm

The machine is made by Jinhua Oasis Hardware Co.,Ltd, Zhejiang Province, China http://www.oasishardware.com
It is branded and distributed by Inter-Continental Trading USA, Inc, Rolling Meadows, IL http://www.ictusainc.com
I paid $20 on sale. The list price is $29.

It is a Supermatic clone with an orange paint job. It is all metal.The cutting blade is steel. The compression chamber is not painted. Moving parts are not yellow zinc plated like Top-o-Matic (TOM), thereby making the cachunk sound cheaper. A tube release adjustment lever in front is the only adjustment for king (85mm) vs. 100mm.

Deficiency #1: It overfills king size because it does not have a baffle plate on the chamber, like TOM. They expect the user to leave a void on the right side of the chamber. When I did that, it still overfilled. After making a pack of kings with tobacco hanging out the ends, I made a pack of 100s, which came out fine. I now see it as a machine designed primarily to make 100s, secondarily to make sloppy kings. The problem could be fixed with some difficulty, by cutting a slot in the cutting blade and fashioning a baffle plate held on with magnets or a bolt.

Deficiency #2: The nozzle is not polished and is ever so slightly (~.01-.02 mm) larger than it should be. Premier and Twizzler tubes fit, but more snugly than on my TOM. This is easily corrected with emory cloth. I shouldn't have to do it.

Overall: B- You get what you pay for. It's ok for a backup machine.
rwagner66
Banned

Re: Shargio

Postby CTsmoker » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 pm

rwagner66 wrote:Deficiency #2: The nozzle is not polished and is ever so slightly (~.01-.02 mm) larger than it should be. Premier and Twizzler tubes fit, but more snugly than on my TOM. This is easily corrected with emory cloth. I shouldn't have to do it.

FYI, Premier tubes are from Commonwealth, which is owned by Imperial Tobacco: Imperial
CTsmoker
admin team member

Postby rwagner66 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 pm

CTsmoker wrote:FYI, Premier tubes are from Commonwealth, which is owned by Imperial Tobacco: Imperial

You're right. I corrected Tube Manufacturers in the Tubes topic.
rwagner66
Banned

Postby mrnjlw1090 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 am

rwagner66 wrote: It overfills king size because it does not have a baffle plate on the chamber, like TOM.

Overfilling kings is not a bad thing, it has to do with how long the filter is you are using, how much tobacco is in the chamber, the cut, and the teeth on the spoon. The teeth do drag the tobacco back out a little bit, but not really noticeable. I know most people--including myself--would rather overfill tubes and clip or pinch off the extra tobacco. Plus that's what packing/tapping is for--to get all that overhang into the tube.
-Nick
I smoke because I like it!
Find me on You-tube at http://youtube.com/wolfen1057
mrnjlw1090
Purveyor of Custom Cigarette Packs

Postby DougE » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:19 am

mrnjlw1090 wrote:
rwagner66 wrote: It overfills king size because it does not have a baffle plate on the chamber, like TOM.

Overfilling kings is not a bad thing, it has to do with how long the filter is you are using, how much tobacco is in the chamber, the cut, and the teeth on the spoon. The teeth do drag the tobacco back out a little bit, but not really noticeable. I know most people--including myself--would rather overfill tubes and clip or pinch off the extra tobacco. Plus that's what packing/tapping is for--to get all that overhang into the tube.

Truer words can't be spoken, I'd much rather have to clip a little off than have an under filled stick. I keep a small pair of scissors on my matic-mate just for such occasions.
There's nothing quite like tobacco: it's the passion of decent folk, and whoever lives without tobacco doesn't deserve to live. ~ Moliere
DougE
Site Admin

Postby mgzinia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I have a royalematic, somewhere, I think it is similar, I didnt really have any problems with it other than I am just as fast with a mascotte handheld and now faster with my triple injector, so why bother?
mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby felix » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:18 am

Just purchased from WWW.RYOCIGARETTE.COM 21.99 29.00 TOTAL AFTER SHIPPING. CANT WAIT TO MAKE MY JOB EASIER HOPE IT STAYS HEALTHY ANY TRICKS TO KEEP HER HEALTHY MAINTENANCE? :D
felix
Light Smoker

Postby wileyray » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

Generally speaking two main things to consider along the lines of maintenance.
First is moisture level of the particular tobacco your stuffin'. Too wet and it will gum up the parts.
That puts unnecessary stress on the moving parts. There are a couple threads on the topic in this forum to help you sort that out.
Second point is: just clean it every so often. There is a great link in the cranker clinic on maintenance.
A common issue is tobacco building up in between the cutter and filling chamber.
I disassemble my Top-O-Matic every so often and give it a good cleaning to prevent issues. There's a lot of German in my bloodline though...I'll blame that
Friend, some of your foldin' money has come unstowed.
wileyray
Heavy Smoker

Postby felix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:05 am

Good machine just like supermatic but all 100% metal.
felix
Light Smoker

Postby DougE » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

felix wrote:Good machine just like supermatic but all 100% metal.

Don't knock the plastic cutters in the Supermatics. In some ways, they are superior to the aluminum cutters ...... they cut more cleanly and don't gum up like the aluminum ones.

There was a reason we were modding these old Top-O-Matics with the plastic Supermatic cutters:

I mainly use the TOM with handle now because the chamber plate works better than the selector switch as far as making kings, but this one is definitely the smoothest operating machine I have.
There's nothing quite like tobacco: it's the passion of decent folk, and whoever lives without tobacco doesn't deserve to live. ~ Moliere
DougE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Crank Style Machines