do injectors last long?

Discussions About Hand held Injectors
kalifornia
Light Smoker

do injectors last long?

Postby kalifornia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:17 am

my zigzag thumb roller bit the dust after rolling just 2 1/2 pounds. How long will those hand held injectors last???

Flash
Light Smoker

Re: do injectors last long?

Postby Flash » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm

http://www.americanryo.com/Merchant2/me ... ode=RYO01P

s59 showing a little edge wear.

s35 covered with surgical tubing for easier grip (had to remove and re-riveted end plastic bulb).

PS39 holding up well, not much bend and give.

PS50 the glue holding it in become detached, but a good thing as it helps and pops out if the chamber is overfilled. I also sanded and the elliptical end for ease of tube insertion.

PS6 & S29/29X - Disassembled and non-functional. I can use my thumb OK to hold the paper to PS50 for a better "release" feel.

Guess it's going on 4 years or more. (Don't quote me but there may be a few lurkers with machines going back to the Great Depression.)

Happy rolling.

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby mgzinia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 am

mine usually, at least when I was using the old mascotte hh , lasted right around 17,000 sticks.

Pascalsmits
Light Smoker

Postby Pascalsmits » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 pm

I purchased a powermatic mini about 6 years ago and it still works perfectly fine. I made a LOT of cigarettes with that machine, but don't use it so often anymore. Upgraded to an electric filler a few years ago and i like it. I take my manual on trips and vacations and expect it to last 5 more years easy.

'G'
Medium Smoker

Postby 'G' » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 pm

My hand rollers typically fail after a few months with the apron prone to ripping. I have replaced the plastic with canvas which will extend the life for a few months longer. Still its basically a disposable tool. Hand help injectors can last up to a year or two in my experience.

burge
Banned

Postby burge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:11 pm

My excel has lasted 10 years and counting my premier hand cranks have lasted forever. I have the excel supematic and premier supermatic and I change machines ever so often. The springs break but other than that they are good and mind your the excel seems to work better without the spring

Return to “Hand held Injectors”