A sorta kinda word of warning...

Discussions About Hand held Injectors
wayne-n-nc
Medium Smoker

A sorta kinda word of warning...

Postby wayne-n-nc » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:26 pm

(Note to forum members...I'm 66 and have chronic insomia, and at night, trying to get to sleep my mind goes all over the place..so you guys get the benefit of my sleep-deprived thoughts..)

And not sure this belongs here, I'm not really trying to warn people off hand held..but..

I started with an plastic almost hand held, a Pressta Deluxe. And frankly, it put me off RYO for years. My thoughts were, "Man if this is this much trouble, this aggraving, then it simply is not worth it. My time and my aggravtion is worth something too"

I bought a second hand held, I didn't have it long, so I don't remember the brand, but it was 'ovalish' 'fit in your hand' shaped, blue...not sure what happened to it, possibly lost, but also I have a vague memory of selling it a flea market for a couple of bucks. But it worked no better. And I was seeing RYO as a 'gimmick' and/or a 'fad' because of the problems I having. Along the lines of those TV ads you see...of the "But wait! There's More..." variety. When something is too good to be true...well, you know. So I was extremely nervous (and more than a little skeptial,)moving into further into it, getting 'real' injector. I bombarded owners of those 'quality' machines with questions, many of them related to problems I had with the Pressta and the other one.

I simply could not imagine something as simple and as easy to use as my Gambler Tube Cut Injector is. And I assume most of the other 'quality' injectors. If you are using a handheld and struggling, try an upgrade..The difference is not night and day, it far more than that. Don't be put of RYO by hard to use handhelds. Yes they have their place. (and can't resist this joke..I used that phrase in another regard years ago, and an old man replied 'Yeah they have their place but that place burned down years ago.') But yes handhelds fufill a function, they are easier to transport, (my Gambler weighs 3 lbs and it's damn heavy 3 lbs too, let me tell you) there may even be a reliable one out there, people do keep buying them, sooo..

So I'm not 'agan' handhelds, but I ain't 'fer' 'em either. And I am 90+% sure they put people off RYO...So if you are having troubles..consider my little speech here.
Football season is here! Go Panthers! Keep pounding! 2017 record to date: 9-4...

fynger
Medium Smoker

Re: A sorta kinda word of warning...

Postby fynger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:04 pm

The EXP1000 is quite good as a "mobile Stuffer".......

wayne-n-nc
Medium Smoker

Postby wayne-n-nc » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:16 pm

yeah I know I am in minority here...and I'm further, quite sure they've improved a great deal since I bought my Presslar the fat part of the ten years ago...but that Presslar kept me from moving further into the RYO ranks...owning and using it, (more accurately fighting with it) really put me off...I simply could not imagine a machine as easy to use as the current crop of mechanial stuffers have become...and was very nervous about it when I took the leap last month...
Football season is here! Go Panthers! Keep pounding! 2017 record to date: 9-4...

DougE
Site Admin

Postby DougE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:42 pm

The EXP1000 isn't exactly a hand held, nor is it a crank machine. It's sort of in a class by itself.

When they idiot proof something, they always build a better idiot.

CTsmoker
administration team member

Postby CTsmoker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 pm

DougE wrote:The EXP1000 isn't exactly a hand held, nor is it a crank machine. It's sort of in a class by itself.

Yeah, the NLA class. :lol:

Although, the Powermatic Mini looks very similar.

DougE
Site Admin

Postby DougE » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:03 pm

CTsmoker wrote:Yeah, the NLA class. :lol:

I was speaking to the design of the EXP being in a class by itself. I'm well aware that it is NLA and has been replaced by the Powermatic Mini. :roll:

CTsmoker
administration team member

Postby CTsmoker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:27 pm

DougE wrote:
CTsmoker wrote:Yeah, the NLA class. :lol:

I was speaking to the design of the EXP being in a class by itself. I'm well aware that it is NLA and has been replaced by the Powermatic Mini. :roll:

But, our classroom is likely to be unaware of that. ;)

wayne-n-nc
Medium Smoker

Postby wayne-n-nc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:49 pm

CT: This guy ain't..you guys may as well be talking Greek for all I understood of all that...I sorta got lost after Doug's first response..

DougE
Site Admin

Postby DougE » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 pm

wayne-n-nc wrote:I sorta got lost after Doug's first response..

My response had to do with this particular post:

fynger wrote:The EXP1000 is quite good as a "mobile Stuffer".......

tobaccotown
Light Smoker

Postby tobaccotown » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 pm

They are what they are,, I have a TOP Hand Held 100 mm and it does ,, OK ,,. I play with it once in a while. I,d say about 7 out of 10 come out pretty darn good. It,s all in the packing of the tobacco.

Return to “Hand held Injectors”