Noobie question

Discussions About Hand held Injectors
minizilla30
Light Smoker

Noobie question

Postby minizilla30 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 am

So I'm new to this whole make your own cig thing and I was hoping for some advice.

I have a Premier Supermatic Twin and am using Premier tubes. No matter what I do, I can't make a decent cigarette. I can't for the life of me get the tobacco to completely fill the tube. There's always a 15mm-20mm space between the filter and the end of the tobacco. I can tap the tube gently to pack it down, but them I'm left with a 15mm-20mm gap at the other end. I wasting an inordinate amount of tube, it seems, and no matter what I've tried -- less tobacco, less force, more tobacco, slower hand motion -- it always ends up the same way. Partially filled tubes.

What, if anything, can I do to make a better cigarette. Thanks in advance!

Dave from PA

DougE
Site Admin

Re: Noobie question

Postby DougE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:01 am

Pay special attention to the corners when loading ........ especially the one toward the nozzle. Another suggestion I have for using hand held injectors: after you have injected the tobacco into the tube, open the injector up and slide it enough so that the spoon pushes the finished stick off the nozzle instead of just pulling the finished stick off the nozzle. Doing it this way prevents any tobacco that is still inside the nozzle from being pulled out of the end of the tube. More often than not, you will end up with a little "carrot top", but you can just tap it into the tube, or trim it off.
When they idiot proof something, they always build a better idiot.

Return to “Hand held Injectors”