Any tips on making "full" 100 mm's on a Powermatic II+?

For Discussions on the Various Electronic Injectors Available
Bobbers
Medium Smoker

Any tips on making "full" 100 mm's on a Powermatic II+?

Postby Bobbers » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:31 am

I'm using the Powermatic II+ and enjoy it a great deal.

It's supposed to make king size (which, working together the machine and I do very well together) and 100mm cigarettes which is the size the wife and I prefer.

Experienced users, what tips/suggestions do you have to get a better fill on the 100mm size tubes? I seem to end up with 5-6 mm of empty tube at the tip on most 100mm's I roll.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the subject.

burge
Banned

Re: Any tips on making "full" 100 mm's on a Powermatic II+?

Postby burge » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 am

I think the Powermatic 2 has a limit on 100 tubes. A friend of mine had one and the carrot tops were not that big unlike the premier supermatic

zampaz
Light Smoker

Postby zampaz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 am

Here is the technique I use that was posted somewhere on Amazon; 1) pull tobacco straight down into the chamber from the curved platform with my fingertips. 2) slide and pack the the load in the chamber to the to the left to pack the filter side of the chamber. 3) lift my finger tips and in a similar way pack the tip (right) side of the chamber. 4) Pull down more tobacco from the platform to fill the "gap" in the middle. Easier and faster than it sounds. After rolling I typically "pack" my cigarettes using a plastic case which leaves me with about 1mm gap to tip. The chamber under the platform is wider than the slot opening of chamber on top of the platform. hth

Bobbers
Medium Smoker

Postby Bobbers » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 pm

zampaz wrote:Here is the technique I use that was posted somewhere on Amazon; 1) pull tobacco straight down into the chamber from the curved platform with my fingertips. 2) slide and pack the the load in the chamber to the to the left to pack the filter side of the chamber. 3) lift my finger tips and in a similar way pack the tip (right) side of the chamber. 4) Pull down more tobacco from the platform to fill the "gap" in the middle. Easier and faster than it sounds. After rolling I typically "pack" my cigarettes using a plastic case which leaves me with about 1mm gap to tip. The chamber under the platform is wider than the slot opening of chamber on top of the platform. hth

Thanks, Zampaz, I'll give 'er a try. I appreciate the comment.

Return to “Electric Machines”