Does it make sense to review tobacco's that no longer exist?

Post Questions About Using the Site or Any Difficulties You are Having With the Site Here
meflin
Medium Smoker

Postby meflin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm thinking of the 3 Castles's thread.

I've mentioned Late Harvest in the PS thread. This tobacco hasn't existed in a while, but might again from some things I've read.

I have some Jester as well ... doesn't exist any more.

Meflin

Added : mentioning , reviewing and treads are all slightly different.

DougE
Site Admin

Re: Does it make sense to review tobacco's that no longer ex

Postby DougE » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 pm

meflin wrote:Does it make sense to review tobacco's that no longer exist?

I'm thinking of the 3 Castles's thread.

I've mentioned Late Harvest in the PS thread. This tobacco hasn't existed in a while, but might again from some things I've read.

I have some Jester as well ... doesn't exist any more.

Meflin

Added : mentioning , reviewing and treads are all slightly different.

Depends on whether or not someone is suggesting a substitute for said no longer existing tobacco in their review.
When they idiot proof something, they always build a better idiot.

meflin
Medium Smoker

Postby meflin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:50 pm

That kinda makes sense.

For the 3-castles thead OP .. nope
My in the PS thread .. nope ( given late harvest .. late havestness I'm not even sure such things are possible )

To expand a bit

3-castles has a thread .. hasn't existed in some years. if there was a thread of blends to replace : total awesomeness.

Reviews in a brand thread ( Late Harvest ). This flavor of brand used to exist. Unless I can find a place in stock .. well that wasn't very useful.

Jester ( no thread yet ) : some mention of this brand has happened here and there without its own thread. Those mentions include .. what I do to replace this awesome stuff. If those mentions where in a thread .. all is good for me.

At this time even us Johny-Come-Lately's .. are pre-SHIP'ers when a lot of things changed. In part I am asking what good does it do to start threads about tobacco's that newb's can't buy at any price? And even perhaps I shouln't talk that much about my beloved Late harvest for the same reason.

I am not suggesting a RULE .. more of a guideline.

Meflin

Edited to add :

I think what I am asking is how do we serve the community best moving forward.

re-edited to add .. huh someone took that to heart .... :)

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby mgzinia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

I believe it makes some sense to sing praises of a tobacco that went the way of the dinosaur..as it could encourage another return. I say 'another' because three castles went away before and returned. I still have about half an ounce of it. Also, I could see good reason to condemn that one horrid tobacco to keep it from returning.What was that stuff called? GT-1? Cant remember. I really am not an artist. Especially with a paintbrush. If I were to put something in a frame that somehow ended up in a gallery, I am certain that the art community would let me and others know my paintings do not belong in a gallery, and with similar fervor we should praise the Divinci that brought us the three castles. We wasted alot of bandwidth on ryorev fighting over political opinions, and nobody was more guilty of this than I :oops: ..But I would welcome any argument supporting Checkers, or Gambler, or any other victims of S-CHIP. To me, some of these left un pleasant tastes in mouth, but others I liked the after taste..

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist

Postby mgzinia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Wow. Above post does not make me look differently able.

Return to “Forum Office”