82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Have a Good Tobacco Shop in Your Area? Let Us Know Here.

82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby oliver cramden » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Great shop, friendly service, free samples! They don't carry the comprehensive D&R line,(no Rowland for example) but a decent selection of mainstays, 3Sails, Ryback, Ramback,etc.
They also stock PS and G&H's Kendal Gold, Dark,+ assorted flavored versions. Kendal Dark is my #1 fav atm. They also have Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake, which I love. Lots of great
snuff, including F&T's Old Paris. If you think you don't like snuff, try a sample of Old Paris, you'll change your mind. They sell bulk of everything, including flake, even if you just want a
1/2oz of something. It's a 45 min drive for me, but worth it. Oregon tax is bad, but this is the Left Coast, whatcha gonna do? Well, that's my plug for these guys. I love this store. Oh yeah,
great accessories, too! I picked up a nice set of scales for personal blends there as well as some cool "old school" cig cases. I'll shut up now........
~Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism~ (It Can Also Reveal Hidden Laser Traps)
User avatar
oliver cramden
The Paper Pirate
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby ronsen » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Count yourself lucky. London Export $57 there for a 300 gram tin. I just paid $43 for a 150 gram tin here in Wisctaxin. All the 150 gram tins of cigarette tobacco there are $15-20 cheaper than here. :|

Not many shops have an actual website listing products and prices here either.
Happy stuffing and whatever else you want.
ronsen
Heavy Smoker
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 am
Location: The Foot of Lake Winneseptic Wisctoxin

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby oliver cramden » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 am

ronsen wrote:Count yourself lucky. London Export $57 there for a 300 gram tin. I just paid $43 for a 150 gram tin here in Wisctaxin. All the 150 gram tins of cigarette tobacco there are $15-20 cheaper than here. :|

Not many shops have an actual website listing products and prices here either.


They've been charging me $40 for the 150 gr tin of London Export. I've been stocking up even at that price because I know the cost won't be going down, and these days I worry about availability.
~Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism~ (It Can Also Reveal Hidden Laser Traps)
User avatar
oliver cramden
The Paper Pirate
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby CTsmoker » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

oliver cramden wrote:
ronsen wrote:Count yourself lucky. London Export $57 there for a 300 gram tin. I just paid $43 for a 150 gram tin here in Wisctaxin. All the 150 gram tins of cigarette tobacco there are $15-20 cheaper than here. :|

Not many shops have an actual website listing products and prices here either.


They've been charging me $40 for the 150 gr tin of London Export. I've been stocking up even at that price because I know the cost won't be going down, and these days I worry about availability.


How far are you from Yakima?
User avatar
CTsmoker
admin team member
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Corrupticut

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby oliver cramden » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 pm

CTsmoker wrote:
oliver cramden wrote:
ronsen wrote:Count yourself lucky. London Export $57 there for a 300 gram tin. I just paid $43 for a 150 gram tin here in Wisctaxin. All the 150 gram tins of cigarette tobacco there are $15-20 cheaper than here. :|

Not many shops have an actual website listing products and prices here either.


They've been charging me $40 for the 150 gr tin of London Export. I've been stocking up even at that price because I know the cost won't be going down, and these days I worry about availability.


How far are you from Yakima?


I'm west of the Cascade Mountains from Yakima, it's around 3 or 4 hours from here. Do you know of a place there that's good? I head that way occasionally for work.
~Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism~ (It Can Also Reveal Hidden Laser Traps)
User avatar
oliver cramden
The Paper Pirate
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby DougE » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 pm

oliver cramden wrote:I'm west of the Cascade Mountains from Yakima, it's around 3 or 4 hours from here. Do you know of a place there that's good? I head that way occasionally for work.


Lil' Brown Smoke Shack is over in Yakima.
There's nothing quite like tobacco: it's the passion of decent folk, and whoever lives without tobacco doesn't deserve to live. ~ Moliere
User avatar
DougE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Richmond, Ky

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby CTsmoker » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:18 am

DougE wrote:
oliver cramden wrote:I'm west of the Cascade Mountains from Yakima, it's around 3 or 4 hours from here. Do you know of a place there that's good? I head that way occasionally for work.


Lil' Brown Smoke Shack is over in Yakima.


Ding..Ding!!

PS cig-cut
User avatar
CTsmoker
admin team member
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Corrupticut

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby oliver cramden » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:43 am

CTsmoker wrote:
DougE wrote:
oliver cramden wrote:I'm west of the Cascade Mountains from Yakima, it's around 3 or 4 hours from here. Do you know of a place there that's good? I head that way occasionally for work.


Lil' Brown Smoke Shack is over in Yakima.


Ding..Ding!!

PS cig-cut


ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!! Thanks, CTsmoker and DougE, that is an awesome tip~~you guys are the best!!!!!
~Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism~ (It Can Also Reveal Hidden Laser Traps)
User avatar
oliver cramden
The Paper Pirate
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby RadNate » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am

I just went and checked this place out today and the people there were very helpful. I picked up a few D&R blends for $2.99/oz and some Peter Stokkebye Danish Export for $3.99 for 1/2 oz. I also picked a few kinds of rolling papers too, their selection seemed quick nice.
This seems to be a great place to go for Higher end RYO pipe tobaccos, but this store does seem not carry any of the budget variety dual purpose pipe tobaccos. They also do not appear to carry any tubes, injectors or other RYO accessories.
All and all a great place to visit though.
I plan on visiting some other tobacco/ cigarette shops in Portland and post about some of them too. Anyone know of some places I should check out?
RadNate
Light Smoker
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 am
Location: Oregon

Re: 82nd Ave. Tobacco & Pipe Portland, OR

Postby oliver cramden » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 pm

They've got Gizeh Silver Tip, which are great tubes. Now that you mention it, I didn't notice any injectors there, either, but you can pick up a hand injector
at most any Mini Mart, 7/11 or Plaid Pantry for $6 or $7. That's the tool most everyone starts with. Mine was a Gambler, and it still works great.
Once you start injecting tubes, you'll have more luck with pipe-cut blends, like D&R and Peter Stokkebye.
Value blends like Ohm, Good Stuff, etc aren't hard to find.
I'm in the Longview/Kelso area, and there are 3 or 4 places locally with those brands- but 82nd Ave spoiled me.
They turned me on to Kendal Dark- one of my all-time favs - and several other fantastic blends I'd never have thought to try.
They're not the cheapest place around, but great peeps, and still way cheaper than Pre-made cigarettes.
~Smoking Is Healthier Than Fascism~ (It Can Also Reveal Hidden Laser Traps)
User avatar
oliver cramden
The Paper Pirate
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Washington State

Next

Return to Brick and Mortar Retailers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest