4 aces

For the Budget Conscious RYO'er
Oldredbeard
Light Smoker

Re: 4 aces

Postby Oldredbeard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 pm

I completely agree CT, beats me why they would pay that much more for what IMHO is the same baccy.

webslave
Light Smoker

Postby webslave » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 am

Just tried some 4 Aces FF and thought it fair to good. Not a bad tobacco at all imo.
Will be mixing it with Big Rock "harsh" to sooth things out a bit.

Bao in PA
Light Smoker

Postby Bao in PA » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm

I bought a pound of 4 aces gold a while ago. I think I've used up about 5 grams of it. Asked around local shops and the word is the locals hate it. So, they all stopped carrying.

For me, the first half a stick was enough to make me go wash my mouth out. The taste is of dirt, manure, and floor sweepings. KInd of what I remember a dirty factory floor to smell like. To do this tobacco justice, I've tried blending it in decreasing proportions over the course of time.....and the nasty taste overwhelms anything and everything it has been blended with. Maybe I got a bad bag?

Based on my 1 bag experience, if this tobacco was the last on earth, I would quit smoking :roll:

Worse RYO experience ever.

andyk47
Medium Smoker

Postby andyk47 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Bao in PA wrote: For me, the first half a stick was enough to make me go wash my mouth out. The taste is of dirt, manure, and floor sweepings. KInd of what I remember a dirty factory floor to smell like.

:lmao:

I've never tried 4 Aces, but your description did remind me of one other tobacco I've tried... Largo Natural.

regularfella
Light Smoker

Postby regularfella » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Just rolled my first smoke of 4 Aces from the pouch.

Swear to God there is manure in it. I don't mean this as a euphemism or analogy. I mean I can smell and taste literally cow manure. Bao had it exactly right. I'll be giving this stuff away. It was bogo anyway. Glad I only bought the pouch.

Edit-

Ok, 3rd and 4th and subsequent cigarettes didn't have that manure taste. maybe it was just a fluke...maybe it was something in my own mouth, but there is still something off and chemicall-y about it. At least it's smokable now.

CTsmoker
administration team member

Postby CTsmoker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:03 am

I've been using the Turkish Blend for a few weeks now. While it isn't Bugler Original cig-cut, it really isn't bad. I pretty much can no longer tolerate any of the pipe cuts in a FF tube, but i can do FF tubes with this stuff.
Blending a couple pinches of pipe cut VA into it creates a decent poor mans Bugler Gold cig-cut substitute.

Return to “Value Tobacco Blends”