Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Although Not Necessarily the Best, These Blends Will Cost You More
burge
Banned
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 am

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby burge » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:45 am

Same pouch in Canada would be 34 dollars or something like that. Its all the expanded crap no flavor and burns super fast. Leaf is the only way to smoke in my opinion to get cheap tobacco in Canada.

mgzinia
Tobacco Tax Survivalist
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby mgzinia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 pm

To ask such a question ...
Funny how we think alike. Been waiting with baited breath for a turkish shag.
One problem is that very few manufacturers even seem to know what turkish is.
Adding annis, or aspertame does not make it izmir, or yenice.
Nor does the word turkish on a label.
I wait, like the robot kid in the movie A.I, for DnR , to see the market potential for a ramback shag.
I am not a huge fan of dnr, prices and customer service being a huge factor.
Am not even too snobby to mix the ramback w largo, to keep down cost, enhance flavor.
I would love to see another turkish tobacco ,reasonably priced, shag cut.
Would literally forget dnr existed.

Bobbers
Medium Smoker
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby Bobbers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:41 pm

mgzinia wrote:To ask such a question ...
Funny how we think alike. Been waiting with baited breath for a turkish shag.
One problem is that very few manufacturers even seem to know what turkish is.
Adding annis, or aspertame does not make it izmir, or yenice.
Nor does the word turkish on a label.
I wait, like the robot kid in the movie A.I, for DnR , to see the market potential for a ramback shag.
I am not a huge fan of dnr, prices and customer service being a huge factor.
Am not even too snobby to mix the ramback w largo, to keep down cost, enhance flavor.
I would love to see another turkish tobacco ,reasonably priced, shag cut.
Would literally forget dnr existed.


I'm inclined to agree. P&C has been out of several D & R products for almost six months. Given that I've gotten pretty good service from Pipes and Cigars, my suspicion naturally turns toward the supplier.

User avatar
CTsmoker
administration team member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Corrupticut

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby CTsmoker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:01 pm

CTsmoker wrote:
CTsmoker wrote:
DougE wrote:I think the one shop I go to sometimes has a bag or two of Kentucky's Best and maybe a bag or two of Gambler Tube Cut and a bag of Top, The shop I buy most of my tobacco from doesn't have any cigarette tobacco at all. They used to keep some pouches of Bugler by the register, but they don't even have any of that now. Kind of a shame cause I likes me some Bugler now and then.


If you have Walgreens around, it might be worth a try. Bugler is the only loose tobacco they carry in the stores in my area.


Just for the hell of it, i decided to stuff some Bugler into a FF King tube. I wish that i hadn't done it. It just reaffirmed what i've suspected for awhile now. The pipe cuts are crap. I've been using "silver" heavily because it's the least offensive. I foresee a visit to Leaf Only in the near future........


DougE wrote:I never much cared for the pipe cut Bugler ....... I mean, it's ok, but I'd rather have the cigarette cut.

I missed this reply a couple months ago. :oops: I should have clarified that it was Bugler cig-cut that i had stuffed.

User avatar
CTsmoker
administration team member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Corrupticut

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby CTsmoker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm

mgzinia wrote:To ask such a question ...
Funny how we think alike. Been waiting with baited breath for a turkish shag.
One problem is that very few manufacturers even seem to know what turkish is.
Adding annis, or aspertame does not make it izmir, or yenice.
Nor does the word turkish on a label.
I wait, like the robot kid in the movie A.I, for DnR , to see the market potential for a ramback shag.
I am not a huge fan of dnr, prices and customer service being a huge factor.
Am not even too snobby to mix the ramback w largo, to keep down cost, enhance flavor.
I would love to see another turkish tobacco ,reasonably priced, shag cut.
Would literally forget dnr existed.


Try 4 Aces Turk Blend. Yeah, i know it's from Republic, but it's surprisingly decent. You don't have to rub it out like you do with just about every other pipe cut. And i know you're not afraid to blend, so in the unlikely event that you find it horrible, you'll still be able to salvage it.

User avatar
DougE
Site Admin
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Richmond, Ky

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby DougE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:19 am

CTsmoker wrote:
DougE wrote:I never much cared for the pipe cut Bugler ....... I mean, it's ok, but I'd rather have the cigarette cut.

I missed this reply a couple months ago. :oops: I should have clarified that it was Bugler cig-cut that i had stuffed.


I misunderstood what you were saying. So you were basically saying the same thing I recently said about Top tobacco.
When they idiot proof something, they always build a better idiot.

User avatar
CTsmoker
administration team member
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Corrupticut

Re: Is there a Turkish available that's cut like 3 Sails?

Postby CTsmoker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 am

DougE wrote:
CTsmoker wrote:
DougE wrote:I never much cared for the pipe cut Bugler ....... I mean, it's ok, but I'd rather have the cigarette cut.

I missed this reply a couple months ago. :oops: I should have clarified that it was Bugler cig-cut that i had stuffed.


I misunderstood what you were saying. So you were basically saying the same thing I recently said about Top tobacco.

:thmb:


Return to “Premium Priced Tobacco Blends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests